Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Blueberry-Pear Crisp (serves 2)

Sorry this picture looks this way but when this cooked it bubbled up and when it started to cool it settled.  It's really good though, so look past the ramekin.  The other day while grocery shopping they had fresh blueberries on sale for a $1.00 a container, so of course had to get some.  I wasn't sure what I was going to make.  I was in the shower and got thinking about baking and thought to myself, wonder if blueberries and pears go together.  I've had urges for pears lately.  They really are a great fruit and so tasty and sweet when they are ripe.  I thought about making some sort of tart, but to be honest I was feeling very lazy that day.  We had just had a good bit of snow and I made my comfort food of Chicken and Dumplings, so I wanted something easy.  And boy this is easy. Takes just 10 minutes to prepare and cooks in 30 minutes and is just to die for when done.  Could be great with a scoop of vanilla ice cream I bet, I'm not a fan of vanilla ice cream but those of you who are should try it with it.  This could also be doubled or tripled to make for 4-6 or even more, just use individual small ramekins.  I found this recipe here.
printable recipe
1/2 cup blueberry (fresh or frozen) I used fresh
1 small pear, diced
2 TBL brown sugar
2 TBL flour
1/8 tsp apple pie spice or all spice
1 TBL quick oats   
1 TBL crisco
1/2 cup rough chopped walnuts

Pre heat oven to 375, and butter the ramekins.  Put berries and pears in the bottom of two 6 oz ramekins.  Mix sugar, flour, oats, and spice together.  Add the Crisco and use a pastry cutter to blend and make crumbly.  Sprinkle on top of berries, top with walnuts and bake for 30 minutes until top is nice and brown.  serves 2

 See the juicy blueberry and pear, this was really very good and a great comfort type dessert.
Here are some of the pictures getting it ready.













Thanks for stopping by, have a wonderful day and Remember to Find the time to do ALL the things YOU love.
Donna

1 comment:

The Country Rose said...

I would have never thought of combining pears with blueberries, but it sounds like they would really compliment each other! Yummy!

Barb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...