Search This Blog

Monday, August 1, 2011

Pecan Raisin Spice Banana Cake


My friends Patsy and Michael came over the other day for lunch, well actually I was suppose to go to their house and I was going to make pizza. I packed everything up arrived there and forgot the dang pizza dough. :( I had made a list of all the things I needed to take, like pizza stone, peel etc but didn't put the dough on the list because I THOUGHT I wouldn't forget it. Wrong. Well anyway I had also made this for our dessert. This cake is just wonderful and would be delish for breakfast. It has just enough spice and the nuts and raisins go so well with the banana.
I found this recipe here.
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
3 large ripe bananas, mashed (1 1/2 cups) *I used 4*
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
1 1/2 cups raisins

Directions:
In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine sugar and butter, creaming until light and fluffy. Add oil.

Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.

Sift together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and cloves.

Combine mashed banana and milk; add to creamed mixture alternately with flour mixture, beating until smooth after each addition. Stir in nuts and raisins.

Turn batter into a greased and floured 10 inch fluted tube or Bundt pan.

Bake in a preheated 325°F oven for one hour and 10 minutes or until cake tests done.

Cool in pan 10 minutes.

Invert onto a wire rack to cool. Dust powdered sugar lightly over cooled cake or frost with confectioners icing.

Thanks for stopping by, hope you have a wonderful week and Remember to Find the Time to Do ALL the things You Love.

Donna

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...