Search This Blog

Monday, September 3, 2012

Talipia with cilantro cream sauce




This is a great low cal dish, well sorta.  Would be without the yummy cream sauce.  I imagine this sauce would be good on several proteins.  I served this with coleslaw and corn on the cob.    I will post the recipe for the coleslaw later this week, I've been making the cole slaw  for over 40 years and the family loves it.

 adapted from here
see my changes in red
4 good size tilapia fillets
1 tablespoon melted butter
Salt and pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 clove garlic, finely minced
2 green onions, thinly sliced (1/4 cup chopped leeks)
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (next time I will use less)
1 cup heavy cream (1 cup 1/2 and 1/2)
1 1/2 TBL chopped chives
1 TBL flour
1-2 tablespoon lime juice
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

 

Preparation:

Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat; saute the garlic and onion for 1 to 2 minutes. Add cream and bring to a simmer. Simmer for about 3 to 4 minutes to reduce slightly. Stir in cilantro, lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for about 1 minute longer. Set aside or refrigerate until nearly serving time. Heat oven to 375°.
Line a baking pan with foil; spray with nonstick cooking spray. Brush fillets lightly with butter; arrange in the baking pan. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Bake the fish for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the tilapia is cooked through. Warm the sauce up and drizzle a little over each serving of fish.
Serves 4.

The family really liked this, I did too.  But as I said I will do less cilantro next time and also my daughter suggested maybe adding some red pepper flakes.
Thanks for stopping by and taking time from your busy day.  Have a wonderful day and Remember to Find the Time to Do ALL the things You Love.
Donna

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...