Search This Blog

Friday, February 22, 2013

Chocolate Banana Bread with a hint of Apple Jack


I made this back in January as one of the treats for my friend that gets me eggs.  I wanted to try yet another new thing with banana's and happened upon this recipe while searching.   I didn't try this but my friend told me is was really good, very moist and just a hint of the Apple Jack.  So I would say it was a hit.  He and his wife told me I could make that anytime for them.  Think next time I'll try a different type of alcohol.  I would think this would make a great addition to your holiday treats.



 Adapted from Makin' it Mo' Betta

2 cups  all-purpose flour
3 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temp
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups bananas, mashed (about 3 medium bananas)
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
3 tablespoons Apple Jack
1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
1 cup  chocolate chips (I used Ghiradelli  block chocolate and roughly chopped it)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Butter and flour a 9x5 inch loaf pan. (You could also make muffins)
In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar on medium high speed until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the mashed banana, lemon juice, and Apple Jack and mix until just combined.
Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. 
Stir in the walnuts and chocolate pieces. Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan and spread to distribute it evenly. 
Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan 20 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.

Thanks for taking time to stop by, please leave a comment if you have time, would love to hear from you.  Have a wonderful day and Remember to Find the time to do All the Things You Love.
Donna

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...