Search This Blog

Monday, July 17, 2017

Traditional Irish Soda Bread





We always have our corned beef, cabbage and mashed potatoes on St. Patty's day and this year I decided to try and make Irish Soda Bread.   After reading the ingredients to me it's really just a giant scone.  Looks real pretty when cooked and I used a cast iron pot to cook mine in *they say that's real traditional too*.


This recipe goes together quickly and really is a no fuss bread to make.

4 1/2 cups flour
1 Tsp baking soda
1 TBL sugar
1 tsp salt
1 cup raisins
1 3/4 cup butter milk (I made my own with half and half water and vinegar)
4 TBL very cold butter
1 large egg

Thanks for stopping by, have a great week and Always Remember to Find the Time To Do ALL the thngs You L♥ve.
Donna

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...