Search This Blog

Monday, August 7, 2017

Apple Pork Roast in Slow Cooker



I made this one Sunday for family dinner.  Was really good with lots of flavor.  Love these kind of meals that you really don't have to fuss with and spend all day in the kitchen.
I always buy the large boneless pork loins when they are on sale at our local grocers.  I can get so many meals from one piece so really it's very economically wise to buy this way.  When I get it home I cut it into pork chops, thin cuts for stir fry and schnitzel and then also cut some pork roasts.


3-5 lbs boneless pork roast
2-3 apples *I used honey crisp b/c that's what I had*
1 large onion thick sliced
1./2 stick of butter cut in large pats
salt and pepper
2-3 TBL spicy mustard
2-3 TBL honey
1- 1 1/2 TBL thyme.  I would have used fresh but didn't have any

Directions:

Peel and cut onion, place in bottom of crock pot, place sliced apples on top then place the butter on top of apple.  Cut slits in the pork roast and place sliced apples in the slits.  Place on top of  apples, and onions.  Sprinkle salt and pepper, then add mustard then squirt honey evenly over top, last sprinkle the thyme on top *if your using fresh thyme place the springs on top of roast*.  Cook on low for about 5 hrs.  Internal temperature should be about 135-140.

Thanks for stopping by have a great week and Always Remember to Find the Time to Do ALL the things You L♥ve.
Donna



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...