Search This Blog

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Kung Pao Pork



This is the other dish I made for our weekly Catan Game. My friends said it was really good. I didn't even taste this one because I don't like things that are too spicy and maybe hot. I know as a cook you're always suppose to taste your food, but I would hate to ruin my taste bubs, so I just let my friends taste it and tell if me I need to add anything.

Kung Pao Pork (but you can also do chicken , which is the recipe done most)

Adapted from here
my changes in red

Printable
Ingredients

3 - 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into chunks
3 - 4 bonless pieces of pork
2 tablespoons white wine
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided ( 1 TBL )
2 tablespoons cornstarch, dissolved in 2 tablespoons water (about 1/2 cup used later when you are cooking the sauce)
1 ounce hot chile paste
1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
2 teaspoons brown sugar
4 green onions, chopped
1 tablespoon chopped garlic

4 ounces chopped peanuts
Added red peppers, mushrooms and onions

Directions

To Make Marinade: Combine 1 tablespoon wine, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon cornstarch/water mixture and mix together. Place chicken pieces in a glass dish or bowl and add marinade. Toss to coat. Cover dish and place in refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
To Make Sauce: In a small bowl combine 1 tablespoon wine, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon oil, 1 tablespoon cornstarch/water mixture, chili paste, vinegar and sugar. Mix together. In a medium skillet, heat sauce slowly until aromatic.
Meanwhile, add about 3 - 4 TBL flour to the pork and mix, this will help give the meat a crunch. Fry meat in some oil in a large skillet until meat is white and juices run clear. When sauce is aromatic, this is when you may need to add the additional water if it gets to thick. After frying the meat drain fry pan of oil and leave just enough to saute the onion, mushrooms and red pepper. When they are aldente add the peanuts and quickly stir pour over pork and then pour the sauce over that. Add additional peanuts. Stir on platter. Serve
Thanks for taking the time from you busy day to stop by. Have a wonderful day and Remember to Find the Time to do All the Things You Love.
Donna

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...