Search This Blog

Monday, August 26, 2013

Chocolate Chocolate Zucchini Bread



It was time again for some trading with my friends.  This time they had tomatoes and zucchini.  My friend Dan wanted some more of the jalapeno chedder bread and some sort of sweet bread.  So since he gave me a big zucchini I made him this Chocolate, chocolate zucchini bread and some lemon poppy seed zucchini bread.  That recipe will be posted soon.  He said it was the best sweet bread so far and has just called and wanted more.  :)  if you look at the picture you can see the lemon poppy seed muffins in the back.  this is a very quick and easy recipe to put together, so it has become my go to recipe.  I've made this with different ingredients.  I've been using this recipe for such a long time I don't remember where I originally got it.

Chocolate Zucchini bread
1/3 cup veg. oil
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 cup grated zucchini
1/3 cup milk or water (I use heavy cream and water 1/2 to make 1/3 cup)
 1 tsp vanilla
1 2/3 cup AP flour (could use some whole wheat also (1 cp AP 2/3 whole wheat)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp sinnamon
1/4 tsp ginger
1/8 tsp cloves
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/3 -1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/3 cup chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans, almond)
Directions:
Preheat oven 325°, spray a loaf pan set aside
In a large bowl whisk the oil, sugar, eggs, zucchini, milk and vanilla.  Combine the dry ingredients then stir in dry ingredients to wet mix.  Bake at 325° for 55-60 minutes until tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
Let cool in pan for about 5 minutes, then remove and cool rest of the way.  Enjoy.
 hope you give this recipe a try.
Thanks for stopping by, have a wonderful week and Remember to find the time to Do ALL the things YOU love.
Donna



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...