Search This Blog

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Faux Chicken Fried Rice



I have been making a lot of low carb dishes lately and this was one I made the other night to have as my veggie.  It's so simple to make and very low carb.  Hope you'll give it a try you'll be pleasantly surprised at how good it is.  It's also very quick to make, so yet another big plus.
printable:

1/2 head cauliflower - grated on the large hole of box grater
1 egg
1-2 TBL oil
1/4 of an onion diced
2-3 oz of cooked chicken cut up
Soy Sauce to taste
Sesame oil

In a large skillet heat some oil, (I use coconut oil) then saute the onions, til clear, add the egg and cook til it looks like scrambled egg, add your cauliflower and stir.  Continue to cook til done..it takes about 5 minutes.  Add some soy sauce and sesame oil to taste, cook a bit longer and the very end I added some cooked chicken.
You can add things to this recipe if you like, such as peas, green onion, carrots, etc.

I made this side to go with a Tilapia Parmesan piece of fish.  Dinner was really good.  Will share the fish recipe in an upcoming post, along with some of the other low carb items I've made.
Thanks for stopping by, have a wonderful day and Remember to Find the Time to Do All the things You Love.
Donna
carb count for 1 cup faux rice 10.8 Fiber 8.2  Net Carb 2.6

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...