These are really good, but a bit time consuming putting it all together. I made these for work and they were a big hit. I've never made them before but I will for sure make them again. They would be great during the holidays or if you're having a semi large gathering.
adapted from here
- 1 3/4 cups (210 grams) AP Flour
- 2 cups quick oats (if using rolled oats, pulse them for few seconds in the food processor)
- 1 1/2 cups (300 grams) Imperial Sugar® brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 11 ounces vanilla caramels, unwrapped *1 bag*
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semi sweet morsels
- 1 cup (6 ounces) dark chocolate, chopped *I used large Hersey bar special dark*
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 5-6 caramels
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Heat the oven to 350F. Line a 13x9 with parchment paper, leaving about 1 inch of paper hanging on the sides. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, soda, and salt. Stir in the melted butter and mix until crumbly.
- Press 2/3 of the mixture on the bottom of the prepared pan. Sprinkle with the chopped pecans and chocolate (both the chips and chopped one) over the crust.
- In a small saucepan, combine caramels and heavy cream. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until melted and smooth.
- Pour the caramel in the pan, over the chocolate and pecans.
- Crumble the reserved oatmeal cookie dough over the caramel layer.
- Bake for 23 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Once cooled cut into bars.
- Optional, melt both the remaining caramels and chocolate chips and drizzle over the bars.