Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Hi Everyone

Well this is my baking, cooking and whatever I feel like blog.  I am recently retired and have taken up baking breads and any new interesting recipes.  I have found some really wonderful food blogs out there and when I figure out how to do all of this I will put a list of some of the favorite places I like to visit.

Today I am posting a Banana, chocolate, almond muffin.  This is a recipe from good Ole Betty Crocker.  I added the chocolate chips and finely chopped almonds.  My grandsons love anything with chocolate in it so why not Banana Muffins.  My family really loves the fact that I am home all the time now and that I bake often....so do some of the neighbors and my good friends.  You see I give most of what I make away otherwise I would be 500 lbs.  LOL    My oldest grandson told me after the first week, "Well Mammy you're officially a grandma!"  I always baked when my children were small and I was a stay at home Mom but as we all know our lives get busy and we barely have enough time to sleep.  You can use this recipe for blueberries or whatever fruit you might like to try.  If you do you need to increase the milk to 1 cup and the fruit would be 1 cup.  (unless it has the consistency of ripe banana's.

Ingredents:
1/3 cup milk                  
1/4 cup veg. oil                                                                                                    
1/2 tsp. vanilla            
1 large egg                                                                                                          
  2 cups all-purpose  *or whole wheat flour (I used white)                                                                                 1/3 cp sugar                
3 tsp. baking powder                                                                                            
1/2 tsp salt                  
2 mashed banana's
1/2 cup (or amount you want to add) of chocolate chips
you can also add finely ground nuts


topping:
2 TBL firm butter or margarine (I used butter)
1/4 cp all purpose flour
2 TBL. packed brown sugar
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 TBL firm butter or stick margarine (I used butter)

1.  Heat oven to 400, grease bottoms only of 12 medium or 6 large muffin cups or use paper baking cups.
2.  Make Streusel Topping, set  aside.
3.  Beat milk, oil and eggs in large bowl with fork or wire wisk, stir in flour, sugar, baking powder and salt all   at once just until flour is moistened (batter will be lumpy).  Fold in banana and mix till all blended.  Pour into cups and then top with Streusel topping. (about 1 TBL each).
4.  Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.  If baked in breaded pan, let stand about 5 minutes in pan, then remove to wire rack
printable version

Here are my muffins, which I might add didn't last long.
                                                   When I figure out how to do the printable version I will do that also.                                               
Hope everyone is having a wonderful Monday.
I'll be back with my bagels.  For now Find the Time to do what you love.
hugs,
Donna


                                                                                                  =

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...