Search This Blog

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Popovers



I was at Coleen's blog a couple of weeks ago and she posted Popovers. ( If you have not been to her site, please take the time to stop by she has such wonderful recipes to share. )  Boy did they bring back memories for me.  When I was in high school I took Home Ec and the very first thing I ever made was popovers.  All I can remember about them was WOW they look terrific and also that I really liked them.  I had only made them once before and that was AGES ago, maybe in the late 60's.  Geesh showing my age.  Oh well don't mind.  ;)  After seeing these on her blog I just knew I had to make them.  So off I went hunting for the pan.  Wanted to do it right ya know.  I did find pans up at Prydes in KC.  They have soooooooooooooo many wonderful things there.  You could spend days just looking and looking.
Adapted from Coleen's recipe:
Please read the recipe all the way through before starting so you understand the directions.
3 eggs
¼ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup of milk (see below)1 1 /2 tsp melted butter

1 cup AP flour

I don't ever had milk in the house so I used 1/3 cup of heavy cream and the rest water.  If I didn't have heavy cream I could have used 1/2 cup of half and half with the rest water.  Coleen used 1/4 cup of heavy cream and the rest 2% milk, so you can do it that way too.
Preheat your oven 425 degrees and put the popover pan in to heat.  

Diretions:
Whisk the eggs, salt, vanilla and milk in a bowl or extremely large liquid  glass measuring cup.   Whisk in the flour and whisk until creamy
Take out your pan and spray with cooking spray (next time I will omit this step, because my pan is nonstick) and place the pat of butter in the bottom of each cup, fill each cup 1/2 full and bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes, turn the oven down to 325 degrees and cook for an additional 15 minutes.  (my oven took only 12 additional minutes)  Now don't these look good.  My daughter and grandson had them right after they came out of the oven..  YUM!

Here they are cut and with some butter and orange marmalade.



 Thanks Coleen for yet another great recipe to try.  Also thanks everyone that stopped by.  Have a wonderful day and Remember to Find the Time to Do ALL the things YOU love.
hugs,
Donna

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...