Search This Blog

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Roast Pork


A very quick and easy meal. I made red cabbage with apples, (found here) and parsley-onion potatoes. The potatoes were cooked with the meat. YUM I had cooked the meat about an hour the night before and to be honest I could have cooked it longer because totally it took about 3 hrs. This was about a 5 .5 lb roast. I first put some evoo in a Dutch Oven and then added large chucks of onion. (I quartered a fairly large onion), then added 2 cloves of garlic diced large, let it cook for a minute or two. I rubber evoo on the meat and then sprinkled some salt, pepper. thyme and parsley then added it to the pot. After about 10 minutes I took the onions out and set them on the side, didn't want them overcooked. I browned it on all sides then put it in a roasting pan, added the onions back and roasted it for about an hour at 350 degrees. I left it on the counter to cool then covered with foil and put it into the refrigerator overnight. About an hour before I was ready I took it out and let is rest on the counter to try to get it to room temp. I peeled 8 good size potatoes and cut them into large cubes and in a large bowl I poured about 1/4 cup of vegetable oil on them tossed them, added 3-4 TBL parsley, thyme and then seasoned with salt n pepper. Tossed them again and placed them all around the meat. SO Sorry I forgot to get that picture.
I cooked the meat for about another 1 1/2 hours until the internal temp was 160. When done I let it rest on the counter for about 10-15 minutes before cutting it.Now doesn't that look just juicy and wonderful. It taste sooooooooooooo good too.
From the pan drippings I put some 1/2 cup chicken stock into the roasting pan, stirred it around to get all those wonderful nummies in the pan then added about 1/2 cup of water. I brought that to a boil then took another 1/2 cup of water mixed in 3-4 TBL cornstarch with salt/pepper, about 1/2 tsp. thyme. I added this to my other mixture, turned it down and cooked it until it thickened. Just yummy Gravy.
My upcoming posts will be of the red cabbage, so be on the look out. This is a wonderful meal, sure hope you try it.
Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful day and Remember to Find the time to do ALL the things YOU Love.
Donna

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...