Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

BLT Pizza


 

Sounds weird huh, but don't be fooled this is soooooooooooooo YUMMY.  My friend from Maine, Orm, just loves this Pizza.  When I was visiting him a couple of years ago we had this one night from one of the local places.  Believe me I was skeptical but when I tasted it....wow oh wow, delicious.  I do not cook my pizza on the pan you see it on.  I use them strictly for serving.  I have pizza stones and also unglazed quarry tiles.
The other night we had a small dinner gathering.  My "other son" as I call him, his parents were in town for a visit and would be leaving soon so we had our final get together.   I didn't know what to make but he suggested Pizza, he loves my pizza.  So that's what we had.   I made 6 different kinds and this was one of them.  It's really simple to make so hope you give it a try.
Family:
 "my other son is at the far left, his mom and dad are on the right, far side of the table, she has on an orange top and the has the ball cap on.  The gal in purple with her back to you is my Daughter Laura Jean, to her right is Alan her hubby, to her left is my sister in law Winnie (who is Orm's sister) and next to her is Loren, JR's girlfriend.  To JR's left is Judy and next to her Dan her hubby.  (Judy and I have been friends for over 16 years)
Here's some photo's of the pizza as the toppings are added
just out of oven and adding tomatoes,  also a pinch of salt
then the mayo,
and then last the lettuce.


 and a piece ready to eat.  YUM

Here is the link for the dough  (when you click on it, it may say chicken cornbread don't be alarmed it is the dough)

Pizza topping:
2-3 slices provolone cheese
1-2 slices mozzarella cheese
5-6 slices bacon, cooked til crispy and chopped
1 whole tomato, sliced thin
2-3 leaves Romaine lettuce, chopped
1-2 TBL mayo
pinch of salt

Preheat your oven to 500 with your pizza stone inside.  (*you can use a cookie sheet turned over, but do not preheat.)
Roll out your dough and put cheese on the bottom *I tear the pieces of cheese and just put them here and there on the pie*  place the bacon all around the pizza then bake for about 10-12 minutes until the crust is done.  Remove pizza and top with mayo, tomato and lettuce and sprinkle a tiny bit of salt.  That's it.  Sure hope you try this, because if you're a lover the the infamous BLT sandwich and love pizza you'll really enjoy it.
I'd like to say "thanks Orm" for the wonderful new pizza.
Have a wonderful day and Remember to Find the Time to Do all the Things YOU Love.
Donna



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...