Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Pasta Salad



Here is another dish that I have been making for years.  There isn't much to it but there are so many things you could change if you wanted, once you have the main parts add things you and your family like.  I will post some things at the end.  Also the type of pasta you use is entirely up to you.  Today I used medium size shells.  Oh one other note, I use Kraft regular mayo,  There was a time I only used Helmans but when I moved from NY to NM you couldn't find it.  They since have it but it's found with the Best Food label.  Even though we think of pasta salads for summer I think you can have them whenever you crave them.  The sandwich shown will be my next post.  It's Lime/Basil Chicken Salad on a homemade roll.
Printable
Ingredients:
3/4 of bag pasta (16 oz )
2-3 ribs of celery diced
1 large carrot, shredded
1/3 cup sweet relish
1/3 cup chopped bread and butter pickles
1 large kosher pickle, diced
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 cup mayo  (more if needed)
3 TBL sour cream
salt and pepper to taste

Direcitons:  Easy peasy
In a large pot with 6-8 qts salted water cook pasta according to package directions, drain and let cool.  When cool in large bowl combine all ingredient then add sour cream and mayo.  **There are times I add all ingredients except mayo and sour cream and refrigerate overnight*  that way I don't have to make it all the day I am serving it.**


Here are some things have also added just to change it up a bit
1/2 sweet red pepper diced
1/2 green pepper diced
2 green onions diced ( I don't do this often, don't like raw onions)
3/4 cup diced American cheese
3 TBL fresh Dill chopped
3 TBL fresh parsley, chopped
canned tuna, drained and flaked
cooked chicken, diced

So you see, you can make it just like you want.  Use you imagination and those things you like to eat.
Thanks for stopping by, have a wonderful Independence Day and Remember to Say Thanks to all those that serve our country and keep us FREE.
Donna

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...