Search This Blog

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Crusted Baked Tilapia with Mango Pineapple Salsa


 

This is a low calorie delicious dish.  The flavors of the pineapple and mango are so light and refreshing.  I added some fresh basil from my herb pot.  I buy my Tilapia frozen and individually wrapped that way I can use as much as I want and the rest still stays fresh.  I really enjoyed this dish and will make it part of my  go to recipes.  Also I cooked this in my toaster oven because it's been sooooooooooooo hot here I didn't want to heat up the house.

Currently I am in New Mexico with my son, daughter-in-law and two beautiful grandchildren.  My blog will update as usual because I have done several recipes that I've wanted to share, so please be sure to come and visit.  When I return I will post some pictures of my visit.
printable
Ingredients:
2-4 Tilapia fillets
1/4 cup mayo
Italian Bread Crumbs for coating

Salsa
1 fresh pineapple cut into chunks
2 mango's cut into chunks
1/4 cup  fresh basil chopped
**optional** 1/2 small red onion diced (I didn't add this because I don't like raw onion)
1/2 large red sweet pepper, finely diced
pinch of salt


Direction:
thaw fillets, brush each with mayo on both sides, then coat with bread crumbs.  Place on a cookie sheet lined with that parchment aluminum paper.  (makes for great clean up)  Bake in a 400 degree oven for about 20-25 minutes until fish flakes and breading is golden.  Top with chilled salsa.  Enjoy

Salsa:
Combine all ingredients and chill until ready to serve. 
Thanks for stopping by,  have a wonderful day and Remember to Find the Time to Do ALL the things YOU love.
Donna



 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...