Search This Blog

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Fried Green Tomatoes




We have had such a bumper crop of tomatoes this year I thought I would try these.  I made these the same night I made the new Stuffed Breaded Chicken.
I must say they are very tasty and something I will make again.  Below is a picture of the entire meal.

2 medium to large firm green tomatoes
1 egg
1/2 tsp. chilli flakes
Italian seasoning
2 cloves of garlic
1 lc flatbread ( italian seasoned) leave out to dry then put in food processor
1/4 cp almond flour
1/4 cp  coconut flour
1/2 cup  half and half (or could use milk or 1/4 cp 1/2n1/2 1/4 water)
1/3 cup corn meal
1/2 cup fine bread crumbs *I used the flour mixture again*
1/4 cup veg. oil or oil of your choice
salt

I used the LC flat bread and flours to make this recipe LC.  I left the flat bread on the counter overnight and the next morning is was nice and crispy.  I then put it in the food processor and ground it up with the other flours and spices.
Slice the tomatoes about 1/4 in. or less and sprinkle salt and let me sit for 5 minutes.  In another bowl combine the egg and milk.  Another bowl bread crumbs and corn meal.  Another bowl flour mixture, Italian seasoning garlic and chilli flakes.  ****so I don't dirty all those bowls I lay out wax paper and put the dry ingredients on them...when done wrap up and toss...easy clean up*
Heat your oil in the skillet and when ready, dip the tomato slices in flour mixture then egg and then breadcrumb mixture.  Place in pan and fry on each side until golden brown.  Place on paper towel.  Serve immediately.  Enjoy.  

This is the whole meal, looks so yummy...right??
I had homemade spaghetti sauce and some used it and some ate them plain.  Choice is yours.
Hope you try these, they are worth making.
Thanks for taking time from you busy day to stop by.  Have a wonderful day and Remember to Find the Time to Do ALL the Things You L ♥ve.
Donna  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...