Search This Blog

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Roasted BBQ Cornish Hen


I've been wanting to buy and cook a Cornish hen for some time now.  The other day while grocery shopping they had them on sale so I bought one and made it
the other night.  It's been years since I've had one.  They are so moist and tender and easy to cook.  I didn't do much to this one,  rinsed it, patted dry and added salt and pepper and a 1/2 a lemon to the inside.  I baked it at 350° for about 1 hr and 10 minutes.  The last 15 minutes I basted with my bbq sauce.  YUM
Next time I go shopping I will check to see if they are still on sale and buy some to put in the freezer.


BBQ Sauce (this is my sister- in-law Winnie's Recipe)
1/2 cup ketchup (I used the LC one)
1 lemon (squeezed) *I only used 1/2*
2 Tsp. chili sauce (Hunt's)
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
t tsp. molasses (dark)
salt and pepper
dash garlic powder or salt
Just mix all ingredients and refrigerate for about 1/2 or so.  You can use it right away.  This recipe also stores well for several weeks.  Great on ribs too.
Thanks for taking time to stop by, have a wonderful day and Remember to Find the Time to do all the things YOU L♥ve.
Donna

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...