Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Salsa Verde Burgers

I recently came across this ingredient and have used it in several recipes.  It gives a very nice added spice to food and dressings.  Give it a try.  Sunday night I was craving grilled hamburgers so I decided to try this in them along with some sauteed onions and garlic, they all came together nicely and the flavor was nice and the salsa made the burgers very moist (another added plus).  My family loves cheese so they also had American White Cheese added.  I served these on homemade burger buns made from this recipe along with my macaroni salad and a green salad. (tomatoes from the garden)

Ingredients:
1- 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
1 can Salsa Verde
1/2 Sweet Onion diced and sauteed
1 clove garlic (for cooking with onions)
salt and pepper

Take enough meat to make the size patty you want, flatten then add about 1 TBL salsa verde and 1 TBL onions.  Mix and form the patty (it will be very moist).  Grille and when just about ready add cheese if desired.  You can add additional onions and salsa if you want.  Enjoy
I'll be posting a raspberry pineapple muffin recipe tomorrow with pictures of Michael the new chef.
Have a wonderful day and always Remember to Find the Time to Do all the Things You  Love.
Donna

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...