Search This Blog

Monday, November 8, 2010

30 minute dinner rolls

OMG this are wonderful.   Monica you've got to try these.  No kneading and yes really ready to eat in 30 minutes.  The way Jake loves bread he'll really enjoy these.   I was experimenting with a new chicken salad recipe and needed some bread to put it on.  I made this recipe into two different things.  One was these dinner rolls and the other is a cornucopia shape roll to stuff the chicken salad in.  I'll post that recipe very soon.  I found this recipe here which I found through Coleens's site.  As you can see they found it at another site.  So guess this one has made it's way around the net.

Ingredients:
1 1/8 cups plus 2 tsp. Warm water
1/3 cup oil
2 Tb yeast
1/4 cup sugar or honey
½ tsp. Salt
1 egg
3 ½ cups flour
Directions

Mix 1st 4 ingredients and let rest for 15 minutes. Add salt and eggs - gradually add flour. Shape into dinner rolls, or use in your favorite recipe that calls for dough. After shaped, let rest for 10 minutes. For rolls, Bake 10 minutes @400 degrees ‘till golden brown. 
You might want to put the first 4 ingredients in a medium sized bowl...I left mine in a 2 cup measure and look
As you can see it did go higher than the picture.  By the time I got the camera it started to deflate. 


The dough is fairly easy to work with.  If you need to just add flour to your hands when shaping the rolls.  Mine only made 7 in this picture because I used dough for the cornucopia rolls, so I would say you would probably get 12 or so good sized rolls.

I put a little milk on top and sprinkled poppy seeds on top, just because.
Thanks for stopping by, have a wonderful day and I sure hope you try these, you won't be disappointed.  By the time the rest of your dinner is ready so will your rolls.  Remember to find the time to Do ALL the things YOU love.
Donna

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...