Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Chocolate Mousse

 

 I made this dessert this past week.  My daughter bought me a pasta machine for my birthday (which I asked for).  I made a pasta feast on Wednesday night and had the family for dinner.  We had baked ravioli, bow tie pasta with spinach pesto sauce and fettuccine with Bolognese sauce.  All of which I will post soon.  I also made two types of bread, the no knead Italian and the regular yeast Italian loaves.

The recipe for the Mouse I found at Tyler Florence's site on Food network.  I doubled this recipe because we had 8 people at dinner.

 Printable Recipe

Ingredients

6 ounces semisweet baking chocolate, chopped 

3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened 

3 eggs, separated* 

1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar

1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar 

1/2 cup heavy cream, cold 

1/2 teaspoon  vanilla extract

Whipped cream and chocolate shavings, for garnish

    Directions

    Place the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl and place over a saucepan containing barely simmering water (or use a double boiler). Melt the chocolate and butter together and stir with a wooden spoon until smooth. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Add the egg yolks to the chocolate, 1 by 1, beating with a whisk until incorporated. Set aside.
    In another bowl, beat the egg whites until foamy. Add the cream of tartar and continue to beat. Gradually whisk in 1/4 cup sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
    Beat heavy cream in a chilled bowl until it begins to  foam and thicken up. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and vanilla. Continue to whip the cream until it holds soft peaks.
    Gradually and gently fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture to lighten it. Then, delicately fold in the whipped cream. Take care not over work the  mousse. Divide mousse into 4 individual glasses. Cover and chill for several hours. Garnish with  whipped cream and chocolate shavings before serving.
    This is the chocolate melted.


     I also made a Chocolate Dessert Dish to put some in, now how cute are they.  This would give any Chocolate Lover a Full Blown Rush.  LOL  ;-)
    Of course we all topped ours with whipped cream, I was in such a hurry to taste mine I forgot to take a picture.  Sorry.  
    Thanks for stopping by and hope you try this recipe, a very nice dessert to top off a wonderful meal.
    Have a wonderful day and Remember to Find the Time to Do ALL the things YOU love.
    Donna

    No comments:

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...