Search This Blog

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Oven Fried Chicken with Honey Butter Sauce



I found this recipe here,  if you have not been to Coleen's  site you should really take the time and look around.  I find myself trying to make at least one of her recipes a week.  Not all are her's, which is ok, because so far I have not found one that was not worth making AND  her pictures make you want to lick your screen.  (just kidding)


My friend Patsy and hubby Michael came for lunch this past Saturday, oh yes and my Sister-in-Law Winnie (she lives next door).  Patsy and I craft together and we take turns going to each others house.  Michael usually watches football this time of year, so it works out great for us.  They really are wonderful people and feel so blessed to have them in my life.  Patsy and I have been friends going on 25 years.  Ok on to the recipe.  I chose this recipe because it looked so yummy and I always try to make a new dish when we get together.  As Patsy would say, they are my Guinea pigs.  LOL  But don't think I've made anything yet that we have not thoroughly enjoyed.  I will also be making Coleen's apple cake.   Yet another wonder treat.


I followed the original recipe but as you can see  Coleen used pineapple, next time I will try the pineapple.  I also used chicken breasts but made 8.

1 tender frying chicken, cut up for frying *I used skinless chicken breasts*
1 cup flour
2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons paprika
1/2 cup butter

SAUCE
1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup lemon juice *I used fresh lemon*
(I added a pinch of dry red pepper flakes)

Dip chicken pieces into mixture of flour, salt, pepper, and paprika. Melt one stick butter in a shallow baking pan in a hot oven (400 degrees). Remove pan from oven. Arrange chicken in single layer in pan, turning to coat with butter. Bake skin side down at(400F) 30 minutes. Turn chicken.

For the sauce, melt 1/4 cup butter and add the honey and lemon juice. Pour the sauce over chicken and bake another 30 minutes or until fork-tender. Baste often, with the sauce, during last 15 minutes of baking,

 I baked the floured chicken breasts 25 minutes at 400F and then covered them with the sauce a
nd baked them for another 20 minutes (basting them with the sauce every 5 minutes or so).

This was a wonderful meal.  Sure hope you try it.  Thanks for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day and Remember to find the ti me to do ALL the things YOU love.
Donna

2 comments:

The Country Rose said...

It looks really good! I think I would prefer it without the pineapple, as you made it :D.

Barb

Atty said...

Thanks Barb, it was very tasty and not a fuss to make.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...