½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup brown sugar
¼ cup fancy molasses
2 cups all purpose flour (or substitute half whole wheat)
2 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
2 tsp ginger
2 tsp cinnamon
Sugar for rolling cookies in
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and molasses.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, soda, salt and spices. Blend dry ingredients into creamed mixture.
- Shape dough into 1" balls and roll in sugar. Place 2" apart on greased or parchment paper-lined cookie sheets. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until edges are golden. (Don't overbake - cookies should be slightly soft when removed from oven.)
- Cool on baking sheet a few minutes before removing to racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 5 days (plastic container if you want them to stay chewy, glass if you prefer crispy cookies). These can also be frozen for 3-6 months.