- I made this a while back on a snowy Kansas Day. I made fried rice to go along with it and some plain white rice. It's a quick tasty meal. The ribs literally fall off the bone. I'm not a big fan of short ribs because there isn't much to eat on them but this is a good way to make them without much effort. Hope you give them a try.
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 5 pound bone-in beef short ribs, cut crosswise into 2″ pieces
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- In a large bowl, whisk together soy sauce, beef broth, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, sesame oil and red pepper flakes, if using.
- Place short ribs into a 6-qt slow cooker. Stir in soy sauce mixture until well combined.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours.*
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and 1/4 cup water. Stir in mixture into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high heat for an additional 30 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve immediately, garnished with green onion and sesame seeds, if desired.
Thanks for stopping by, have a wonderful week and Always Remember to find the Time to Do ALL the things YOU L♥ve.