This is what I made for work after coming back from my vacation. (Which was back the end of May into the first week of June. I have my posts done for 2 months ahead.) The guys were having with-drawls from not having a dessert 2 weeks in a row. Truth be told i really didn't feel like making anything because I'm pooped, I've been working in the yard for the past 3 days trying to get my flower beds cleaned up and a bunch of new plants planted. Boy what a chore. This AM my daughter and I planted our tomatoes, eggplant, beans, corn and cucumber plants. Another chore.
adapted from here
⅓ cup plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
¾ cup granulated sugar
¼ cup butter, room temperature
¾ cup milk
2½ teaspoons baking powder
¾ teaspoon salt
2 cups fresh blueberries
¼ teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon milk
- Preheat the oven to 375°F/190°C
- Spray a 9" Spring-form pan with nonstick spray and set aside, *I lined the bottom with parchment paper and sprayed that.
- In a medium bowl combine all the Crumb ingredients with a fork or pastry cutter until they are blended. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together all the cake ingredients except the blueberries and mix until mostly smooth. Fold in the blueberries.
- Spread the cake batter into the prepared pan and top evenly with the crumb topping.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes in the pan. Loosen the edges of the cake from the pan with a butter knife and then remove the sides of the pan.
- For the glaze mix together all the ingredients together until smooth and then drizzle on top of the cake.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. (I bet a scoop of ice cream would be good on top)