Monday, June 26, 2017
Monday, June 19, 2017
Egg roll wrappers
1 1/2 cup cole slaw mix
2 shredded carrots
2 TBL soy sauce
1 - 1 1/2 TBL sesame oil.
*** you could add celery, onion and whatever other veggie you might like*** the idea is to keep it low in calories.
These were ok, not sure I'd do them this way again....like them fried so much better.
Thanks for stopping by, have a great week and always Remember to Find the time to Do ALL the things You L♥ve.
Monday, June 12, 2017
adapted from here
Banana Crumb Cake Ingredients For the cake:
2 cups flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
4 very ripe bananas
½ cup butter, room temperature
2 cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup milk
For the crumbs:
½ cup (1 stick) cold butter, cubed
1 cup light brown sugar
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg
For the glaze: 1 cup powdered sugar
12 Tbsp milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 inch pan. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. In another large bowl, mash the bananas. Beat in the butter until well combined. Add the sugar, eggs, and vanilla and beat until combined.
2. Stir in the flour and milk alternately, beginning and ending with the milk. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, combine all of the crumb ingredients and use a pastry cutter or forks to cut in the butter until pea sized crumbs form.
4. Pour half of the cake batter into the prepared pan then layer with half of the crumbs. Pour the remaining batter on top followed by the rest of the crumbs.
Bake in the preheated oven for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
5. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
Whisk together the glaze ingredients in a measuring cup then drizzle over the cake. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Thanks for stopping by, have a great week and Always Remember to Find the Time to Do ALL the things YOU L♥ve.