Search This Blog

Monday, August 30, 2010

I'm Back

I have been in Maine for the past month.  I had a blast and have many pictures to post very soon.  I did some baking and cooking while I was there and will post some of those pictures also.  My niece and her two sons were there for a week.  Michael the oldest helped me cook and bake so you'll be seeing his picture on several of the recipes.  We made some very yummy desserts, which you'll see very soon.

We did lots of sight-seeing, Thanks Orm for taking me to all those beautiful places and the great food places.  But I must say to much of their food dishes are fried....am not used to that.  I had a Lobster Roll for the first time, it was very good but was a bit disappointed because the meat was not warm.  One of our first trips we went to Vermont to the King Arthur Store....wow that was awesome.  I bought the New England Hot Dog Pan....I had tried to purchase it on line but they had been out.  As it turned out I got the last one that was on the shelf.  (Orm, had teased me and told me they didn't have any, he was hiding it behind him...the stinker)  I also bought a small oblong proofing basket and some other items and had them all shipped home.  I will be making the buns one day this week so you'll get to see them.
Tomorrow I will post a salsa verde and grilled onion burger that I made last night.  We had grilled burgers, home made burger rolls and macaroni salad.
Guess that's it for now.  Thanks for stopping by and Remember to Find the Time to Do all the Things you Love.
Donna

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...