Search This Blog

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Green Chilli Pizza


Recently we celebrated yet another birthday. This was JR's birthday, I call him my adopted son. :) On birthdays we celebrate by either cooking a meal requested by the birthday person or going out to eat at their place of choice. It's all up to them. So JR said he wanted me to make Pizza, everyone love's my Pizza.......me too! :-) My daughter has made this version before and last time JR and I had pizza together I made this for him and he really liked it. I don't care for things that are hot or spicy but my family and some friends do. They all say this has a wonderful flavor, so hopefully you'll try it and let me know. There's really nothing hard about this recipe. Just make the dough and then add your toppings. I usually make my dough the day before Linkso it has time to sit in the refrigerator. This dough freezes well also. I use provolone and mozzarella cheese on my pizzas I never use shredded cheese.
Printable
Dough:
1 1/2 cups warm water
2 tsp. yeast
2 tsp. sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp olive oil
2 3/4 cups bread, ap or high gluten flour
1/2 cup semolina flour
1 small can green chilli's diced (or a couple of Anaheim peppers roasted and chopped or peppers of your choice for heat)
1 - 2 large fresh tomatoes sliced thin
3-4 slices of provolone cheese
3-5 slices mozzarella cheese
1 or 2 springs fresh basil chopped
oil for bowl
corn meal sprinkled on peel *if you have one*
If you don't have a peel, transfer your rolled out pizza dough, onto a large enough size piece of parchment paper then put all your topping on, then put the paper onto a cookies sheet turned upside down and slide it off onto the stone. After about 2 or 3 minutes pull out the paper and bake on the stone for the remaining time.

Dough
Add sugar to water mix well and get to temp *115, then add yeast and proof. When foamy add 1/2 the flour and the semolina flour and mix well. I use a Kitchen aide for all the mixing and kneading. Add the remaining flour until you get a soft and slightly wet dough. DO NOT add too much flour. If you have a dry dough it will affect the end result. Put dough in oiled bowl and let rise covered. Punch down when ready and either use the dough then or put it int he refrigerator for a day. It gives it so much more flavor if used the next day. Be sure to take the dough out 30 minutes before using. *You can also make into balls wrap separately and then freeze until you are ready to use them up to 6 months* If you do freeze be sure to take out the morning of, put in the refrigerator and then 30 minutes before you want to make it leave at room temp.
Roll out dough, Sprinkle just a little evoo then place thin sliced tomatoes around then top with chilli then the cheeses topped with basil. You can reverse the chilli and cheese if you like, no special way to build except for the oil and tomatoes goes first and basil last. Bake in hot oven 500 for about 12 minutes on pizza stone or unglazed quarry tiles, You can use a cookie sheet turn upside down or a pizza pan but you won't get the same flavors or good pizza affect.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...