Search This Blog

Friday, March 7, 2014

Strawberry Banana Muffins



It's been soooooooooooo cold here in Kansas and I am so ready for Spring.  A couple of weeks ago I got very ambitious and decided to clean out the top freezer on my fridge.  A big job for sure.  A couple of days before that I cleaned out my kitchen towel drawer and got rid of all the old and and found that I had many new towels, and I might add the drawer looks pretty good now as so does the freezer.  I actually know what I have in there now, and I can see it all.  whoop!  Back the muffins.  I found some strawberry puree in there so decided to make muffins and I also had 1 banana left.  Of course banana's and strawberry go together.  Hope you try these they really are very good.


1 banana sliced thin
1/2 -3/4 cp strawberry puree
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 stick unsalted butter  melted
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cp brown sugar
1/3 cup finely chopped almonds *optional*
white sugar for top

Preheat oven to 350°, line large muffin tin or spray with nonstick spray.  You can also make this in a loaf pan.
In a large microwave safe bowl melt the butter, add the sugar, eggs and vanilla, stir well. Add the strawberry puree and sliced bananas.   In another bowl combine the dry ingredients.  Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and stir but do not over mix.  Fill the muffin tins 3/4 full, top with finely chopped almonds and sprinkle with sugar.  Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.  Enjoy.....these would be really good at breakfast time too.

Thanks for stopping by, have a wonderful day and Always Remember to Find the Time to Do all the Things You L♥ve.
D♥nna

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...