Search This Blog

Monday, March 21, 2016

Chicken Lo Mein



Lately I get cravings and just have to make what it is that I want to eat.  This time it was Asian Flare type stuff.  I've always wanted to make lo mein and wanted it to taste like the stuff from a local small Asian place.  Well think I finally found a recipe.  I found it here and she's right most of her stuff in Damn Delicious!!! I also made her Crab Rangoons, those were great too.  The Asian place here doesn't put all these great veggie's in their Lo Mein but the flavor of this is great.  So guess I won't have to spend the money for take out.  Also I found at our local Asian store they had fresh egg lo mein noodles.  The most time consuming part of this dish is of course all the cutting and preparing.  Oh yeah one other thing, I used rotisserie chicken, our local market had them on sale.....so one less thing to cook.  I made a very large fry pan of this and my grandson wanted to eat it all....I only let him have 1/2 so I could have something for dinner and also leftover so I won't have to cook the next day.
I omitted the mushrooms because I'm not a fan.


Printable
Ingredients: 
8 ounces lo mein egg noodles*  
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups cremini mushrooms, sliced (didn't use)
1 red bell pepper, julienned
1 carrot, julienned
1/2 cup snow peas
3 cups baby spinach
1-2 cups cooked chicken

For the sauce

2 tablespoons  soy sauce, or more, to taste
2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger (I used fresh)
1/2 teaspoon Sriracha, or more, to taste (I used sweet chilli sauce)

Directions:

  1. In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, ginger and Sriracha; set aside.
  2. In a large pot of boiling water, cook noodles according to package instructions; drain well.
  3. Heat olive oil in a large skillet or wok over medium high heat. Add garlic, mushrooms, bell pepper and carrot. Cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in snow peas and spinach until the spinach has wilted, about 2-3 minutes.
  4. Stir in egg noodles and soy sauce mixture, and gently toss to combine.
  5. Serve immediately.
Hope you give this a try, you'll be glad you did and may possibly not visit the local Asian Place again.
Have a great week and Always Remember to Find the Time to Do ALL the things YOU L♥ve.
Donna

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...