- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 medium apples, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 8 tablespoons chopped walnuts or almonds, optional
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350º Fahrenheit, and grease bundt pan with nonstick spray.
- Combine flour, salt, nutmeg and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon in a medium bowl. Stir in baking soda and baking powder, and set aside.
- Mix softened butter and sugar in a separate mixing bowl until a creamy consistency forms. Beat in eggs, one at a time, combining until creamy. Add vanilla and sour cream, and mix until well blended.
- Sift in dry ingredients, beating the mixture on low speed to form a batter-like consistency. Fold in chopped nuts and apples, stirring gently to evenly distribute.
- Pour the batter into bundt pan. Sprinkle evenly with brown sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, and bake for 50 to 65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Turn cake onto serving plate after cooling in pan for 20 to 30 minutes. Serve warm with your favorite toppings.