Monday, October 17, 2016
Almond shortbread cookie
These are AMAZING. A quick easy cookie for any time of the year. These are light and delicious. A great cookie to add to your holiday list. I made these for work and they were a big hit. Shape them any way you like. This will definitely be added to my holiday cookie list.
Prep time: 35 min (not counting freezer and fridge time)
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 teaspoon amaretto liquor or almond extract (I used amaretto)
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups all-purpose flour (sifted)
3/4 cup sliced almonds, lightly toasted
In a large mixing bowl, using mixer, beat butter, sugar, amaretto, salt until smooth and creamy.
2) With mixer on low speed, add flour and mix until dough forms.
3) Using rubber spatula, mix in almonds.
4) Form dough into a rectangular log (or 2 rectangular logs). Wrap each log in plastic wrap. Once the log is wrapped in plastic wrap, it is easier to continue shaping it as a more perfectly shaped rectangular log. Freeze the log for 40 minutes in freezer, then 20 minutes in refrigerator.
5) Preheat oven to 325. Using sharp knife, cut dough into 1/4 inch thick slices, place them on parchment lined baking sheet 1 inch apart. Bake until edges are golden, about 15-18 minutes. (depending on your oven)
6) Cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Thanks for stopping by, have a wonderful week and Always Remember to Find the Time to Do ALL the things You L♥ve.