Monday, January 2, 2017
Give it a try you won't be sorry.
INGREDIENTS (1 challah)
1 tbsp. yeast
1 cup warm water
3 tbsp. sugar
1/2 tbsp. salt
1/3 cup canola oil
3 cups all-purpose flour + 1/4 cup
1 egg for basting (optional for vegan challah, substitute olive oil)
Sesame seeds for topping
1. In a 1 gallon plastic ziplock bag, add the yeast, water, sugar, salt, oil and 3 cups of flour.
2. Give the bag a little shake. Don’t work too hard- remember, it’s a lazy challah!
3. Place the bag in a bowl of warm water for 30 mins. The dough should be very wet. It will start to bubble and self-knead. WHOA.
4. Add the 1/4 cup flour and give the bag another shake.
5. Leave the bag for 1 hour to rise. This step can vary depending on the temperature in your house, so let the dough rise until it looks kneaded. It should still be a wet dough. You can flip the bag over every 20 mins to help it along.
6. Preheat oven to 300F/150C
7. On a floured surface, separate the dough and stretch out 3 strands. Braid.
8. Baste with egg and sprinkle sesame seeds (optional for vegan challah, substitute olive oil). Leave to rise for 15 mins (optional but recommended).
9. Bake on a non stick tray for 40 mins or until golden on top.
Thanks for stopping by, have a great week and Always Remember to Find the time to Do ALL the things YOU L♥ve/