I made this back in December, as usual for work. I had some apples that I needed to use to went searching. I found this recipe and it looked and sounded very yummy. I made a few changes which I will note in red in the directions. Please read it first then proceed with the rest of the recipe.
without the cream cheese icing
3 cups Granny Smith Apples, chopped into small pieces (see below)
1 1/2 cups sugar
½ cup vegetable oil
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon salt
½ cup milk
1 cup pecans roughly chopped
Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Frosting:
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese frosting, room temperature
¼ cup butter, softened
2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup golden brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease and flour a 9x13 inch baking pan. Set aside.
- Peel and slice apples, place in a skillet with butter and sugar. Add some cinnamon, about 2 Tbl and 1/4 cup brown sugar. Cook until you have a mixture that looks syrupy. Cool then chop the apples for the batter.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine apples and sugar. Stir in oil, eggs, and vanilla.
- In another mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Add the flour mixture to the apple mixture. Add milk and stir until just combined. Add chopped pecans.
- Pour into prepared 9x13 inch pan. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely.
- To make the frosting: Beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add butter and continue to beat until smooth scraping down sides when needed. Add vanilla and brown sugar. Beat for 5 minutes until it is light and fluffy and the sugar has dissolved. Spread evenly on top of the cake. Refrigerate after frosting.
Thanks for stopping by, have a wonderful week and Always Remember to Find the Time to Do ALL the things You L♥ve.