Search This Blog

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Christmas Cards

I've been working on Christmas cards for what seems like forever.  I make my sister in law all her cards and Christmas cards.  This year I made her 46 and also made my daughter 28.  And of course some for me.  :)  I am currently working on some ideas for next year.  This card above is very popular now but it will be one I will use for next year.  I'm trying to get some ideas so I don't feel so bogged down next year.

this is the inside of that card

Here is another that I did using aluminum foil.  A technique my good friend Barb showed me.  You spray your card stock with Krylon super grip spray then cover it with chap aluminum foil and brayer it.  Then run it though your cuttle bug with an embossing foil.  I used some alcohol ink on the foil before I ran it through the machine.  Cool effect, don't ya think.  This way so so much cheaper than buying the foil paper.   Another super saver would be to use the insert pages that come in you scrapbook pages, you don't need them in there anyway.  The scroll I made on my eclips machine.  Just love that new toy.

This last card I cased from a card I saw on pinterest.  I used some of my old TAC stamps which I haven't used in years.  I thought this one came out really cute and will be one I will use next year along with the ones above.

You can't really tell but the base of the card is on white.  The snow flakes are the pieces left from my snowflake tonic punch.  They are just the right size for projects like this. 

Thanks for stopping by, have a great weekend and Remember to Find the Time to Do ALL the things YOU love.
Donna


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...