Search This Blog

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Healthy Muffin

Been trying to eat a bit more healthy these days and there are times you want something that is yummy but also can be healthy.  I made these without using any White Flour.  Ya know what they say it's not that good for you...that's why it tastes so good.  :)  But to my surprise these were really yummy.  Could be because there is so much stuff in them.  They go together quickly so you could make them on the weekend and I would think they would freeze well.  The recipe looks long and has a lot of ingredients but trust me you'll have them made and in the oven in no time.  I do think next time I make them I will add raisins.  I didn't this time because my son in law won't eat them.

1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup oat flour (I made mine own by just putting oats in the food processor)
1/3 cup almonds finely ground
1/2 cup oats
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1/2 cup sour cream
2 carrots shredded
2 banana's mashed
1 apple grated (I used red delicious b/c that's what I had)
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp all spice
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 slice of jellied cranberry mashed
 about 2 TBL of the cranberry juice

Preheat oven to 350°
In a large bowl mix the banana, egg, oil and sugars.  Add the vanilla, sour cream, cranberry and cranberry juice.  Combine the flours, nuts, salt, baking soda, baking powder and all the dry spices.  Add the carrots, and shredded apple to the wet ingredients.  Then add the dry ingredients to the wet.  Don't over mix.  Put into muffin line tins and bake for about 20 minutes.  This made 16 regular size muffins.
Thanks for stopping by, have a wonderful day and Remember to Find the Time to Do All the things You Love.
Donna

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...