Saturday, August 10, 2013
Low carb bread sticks
I found this here, she has some awesome recipes....want to try almost all of them soon.
Easiest Bread sticks Ever
1 packed cup cooked, minced chicken breast (I used rotisserie chicken)
1 cup packed mozzarella, shredded
1 Tbsp parsley, dried
1 tsp basil (I used fresh)
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Process chicken and cheese together. Mixture will resemble a meal/thick, dense crumb consistency.
3. Firmly press chicken/cheese mixture to 1/2″ thick into non-stick, miniature bread pans, about 4X8″ (if you have a regular pan, you can spray and line with parchment for easy removal and use that instead).
4. Top with parsley, basil, onion and garlic powder.
5. Bake for 20 minutes.
6. Let cool for five minutes in pan.
7. Invert onto a cooling rack until fully cooled.
8. Slice and serve.
Makes a hell of a lot of breadsticks.
These are such a great addition to food that can be eaten when you are doing LC life style. Hope you give them a try because they are well worth making and will be a hit with all that try them. It's also so shocking to know they are made of chicken.
Thanks for stopping by, have a wonderful day and Remember to Find the Time to Do ALL the Things You Love.