Search This Blog

Monday, April 11, 2016

Chocolate Brownie Bread


 I was stumped as to what to make for my Monday Work Treat.  I was in the mood for baking, I had already made a large batch of my scratch brownies for my grandson and for a good friend.  I just couldn't  decide what to make.  Ii thought maybe a cranberry quick bread (but made that already) then maybe some sort of danish ....but those taste better the day they are made.  Then sconces came to mind, again those are best the day they are made and I really didn't feel like having to do stuff before I went to work.  It's bad enough it's Monday already!   I only work 4 days a week Mon-Thurs. but times my 3 days off go very quickly. 
adapted from here



Ingredients
1 cup sugar
½ cup butter- melted
1 egg
1 and ½ cups buttermilk
1 and ½ cups flour
1 and ½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
****1 instant chocolate pudding mix (4 serving size)*****
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
¾ cup mini chocolate chips
***I didn't have instant pudding so I searched for a substitute and this is what I found and used to make this bread.  3/4 cup powdered sugar, 1/2 tsp. choc flavoring or you could use vanilla.
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350° and grease 2 9x5 loaf pans.
  2. Combine melted butter and sugar in a large bowl and stir until combined.
  3. Add egg and buttermilk and mix well.
  4. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, pudding mix, and cocoa powder. Stir until mixed.
  5. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients until fully incorporated.
  6. Pour into prepared pans and bake for 25 minutes.
  7. Remove from oven and top with mini chocolate chips.
  8. Place back in oven and bake for another 20-25 min or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Thanks for stopping by, have a wonderful week and Always Remember to Find the Time To Do ALL the Things YOU L♥ve.
Donna

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...