Search This Blog

Friday, May 29, 2020

Apple crumb cake

Hi again, here’s another crumb cake recipe.   I had several apples that I needed to do something with. As it turned out I had more apples than I needed for this recipe so I froze the rest.  Now I’ll have some to make this again.   With he pandemic there isn’t much to do so why not bake, right?  It’s great that I have people to give the treats to .....wouldn’t want to have to eat all  these goodies myself.   V

I found the recipe here.    The recipe says it takes 15 to prepare for baking but it’s more like 30 plus.  Guess if you have apples peeled and cut it may only take 15 minutes to put together.  I bet this would be very good make with peaches or pears.   Something for next time.

My cake came out darker than hers b/c I used a bit more cinnamon.  Also a side note, this was good but I feel it was really not enough cake.  So if I made this again I will make a different base cake.



Ingredients
Ingredients for the cake:
 for the topping: 
Instructions 
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
 1/4 cup granulated sugar 
1 teaspoon baking powder 
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon 
1/8 teaspoon baking soda 
1/8 teaspoon salt 
1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons of milk 
3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract 
1/4 cup + 2 teaspoons vegetable or canola oil 
1 large egg 
2 to 3 medium apples washed, peeled, cored and sliced 
 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon 
1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar 
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar 
1/3 cup granulated sugar 
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 
1/2 teaspoon salt 
1/2 cup unsalted butter melted and cooled 
1 and 1/2 cup all-purpose flour 
1. Grease and flour an 8" round springform pan. Set aside. 
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
to make the topping: to make the cake: 
 1. In a medium bowl, whisk together both sugars, cinnamon, salt and flour. Add melted butter and fluff with fork until mixtures creates crumbs. Set aside. 
1. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. In a large measuring cup, mix together milk, vanilla, oil and egg. Whisk until smooth. 
2. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon. Do not over mix. Few lumps in the batter are okay. 
3. Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan. 
4. In a medium bowl, toss together apple slices with two tablespoons of sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon and the apple cider vinegar. Set aside. 
5. Arrange apple slices over the batter. 
6. Sprinkle crumb topping over the apples covering completely. 
7. Bake the cake for 30 to 40 minutes or until the topping is golden brown.
 8. Let cool completely in the pan. 
9. Transfer onto a serving plate or stand. Slice and serve. 
10. Keep in a covered container for up to 4 days.


  1. Thanks for stopping by, have a great day and Always Remember to Find the Time to do All the things You Love. ❤️
    Donna

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...