- 1/2 can diced tomatoes (14.55 oz can)
- 1/2 can rotel *your choice of heat, use the mild, hot or extra hot*
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder or flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexi blend cheese
- cheese to sprinkle on top (cheddar or your choice)
Drain tomatoes, reserving 1/4 cup liquid. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, chili and salt. Combine the egg, butter, tomatoes and reserved juice. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in 1/4 cup cheese blend and l tsp of cheddar cheese.
Fill greased mini muffin cups two-thirds full. Sprinkle with the remaining cheeses. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield servings.
These are a wonderful snack so give them a try. They go together very quickly and the family will love them.
Have a wonderful day and remember to Find the time to do all the THINGS you Love.