Search This Blog

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Potato Roll (new recipe)






Last month a one of the weekly get together' s with my friends (we play a game called Settlers of Catan) my friend Patsy made a turkey..YUM I always try to bring bread of some kind and a dessert. Well I tried these new pototao rolls and all I can say is "Just Wonderful". They are so easy and will freeze well. I think I will experiment with one cooked and one just the dough. Will let you know the outcome. The sandwich above I had the next day with some turkey Pasty sent home with me. I had some dough in the refrigerator that I had not taken to her house so I made these three rolls. So you see you could leave the dough in the refrigerator more than 24 hours, don't think I would go much past 2 days. But that in itself is good to know. Around the holidays you could make these ahead of time, what a time saver. Or if you're a working person you could do them on the weekend and have nice fresh rolls during the week. Food for thought.

adapted from here
Printable
Ingredients:

5 cups all-purpose flour

1 (¼ ounce) package active dry yeast
1 ½ cups water ( 105 to 115 F)
½ cup mashed potatoes
13 cup butter, melted
¼ cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt

Directions:

In large bowl combine 2 cups of the flour and the yeast. In small mixing bowl combine warm water, potatoes, butter, sugar and salt. Add to dry ingredients in mixing bowl. Beat with electric mixer for 30 seconds on low, scraping side of bowl. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes. Stir in remaining flour with a dough hook (or knead by hand), as needed (with most bread recipes the actual amount of flour required depends on humidity, etc. so add slowly until dough pulls away from sides of pan and forms a ball). Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours. Punch dough down. Turn out on lightly floured surface. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Grease 13x9-inch baking pan. Shape dough into 24 rolls. Make balls by holding dough in both hands and gently smoothing by pushing the edges towards the back. Place rolls in prepared pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until nearly doubled in size (about 40 minutes) Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes (until golden brown).

Here are the rolls before they were baked. As you can see I had made them fairly good size so they would be good for a sandwich.
The ones I made at Patsy's were more a dinner size roll.

Finished just came out of the oven.


Sliced and ready to make my sandwich.

Thanks for stopping by, have a wonderful day and Remember to Find the Time to do ALL the things You Love.
Donna

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...