Search This Blog

Monday, October 29, 2012

Ranch Chicken Fingers


In August when I was visiting my son and family I made this for dinner one night.  I tried to help with the cooking while I was there.  We forget how busy life can be when trying to work and raise children.  I give my children a lot of credit for all they do.  Times sure have changed from my day of raising the kids.  Many of the young couples of today really work as a team sharing the responsibilities and chores.  Ok enough rambling..back to chicken.  My grandchildren requested I make this for dinner.  I tried something new and it sure gave lots of flavor to and old favorite.  These are easy and oh so yummy.


Ingredients:
3-4 boneless skinless chicken breast (you could use breast tenders)
2 eggs
1/4 cup ranch dressing (homemade or store bought)
1/2 - 1 cup AP flour
2-3  heaping TBL cornstarch
salt and pepper
oil for frying
wax paper


Directions:
Cut chicken into strips the size you want.  Salt and pepper.  In a bowl whisk the eggs and ranch dressing.  Now for the no extra dishes part.  I put my flour on wax paper and also have a piece of wax paper to set them on to rest before frying.  Mix the flour and cornstarch and spread out on wax paper.   Dip the chicken pieces into the flour, then egg and then back into the flour, set aside (you have to let them rest so they get kind of gooey)  Just before frying you will dust a tiny bit of flour on them and then into the oil.  Cook until golden brown.  Another tip, do not try to turn them until they are starting to brown around the edges.  The flour will stick to the pan if they are not ready to be moved, resulting in the breading coming off. 
Remove and drain on paper towel,  sprinkle with a little salt. Serve with a ranch dip or drizzle with honey.  Enjoy!!
Thanks for taking time your busy day to stop by.  Have a wonderful day and Remember to Find the time to do ALL the things YOU love.
Donna


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...