Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Chewy Chocolate Mint Cookies

 

I made these cookies for my grandson Josh, who is a Marine.  We are soooooo proud of him.  My daughter tries to send him a box every month with his favorite cookies and I always send him new recipe cookies so maybe he can add some to his list.  Last time I sent the Potato Chip cookies.   The other cookie I made will follow it's a Mexican Orange Sugar Cookie. Also I made these some with the nuts and some without.  There are times Josh is not crazy about nuts in cookies so thought I'd send him ones without.

  printable

Chewy Chocolate Mint Cookies

2 1/2 cps AP flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup (2 sticks) melted butter, slightly cooled
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 lg eggs
1 10.5 oz pkg andies mint chips
Optional 1 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans chopped

Preheat oven to 375F degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment or silicone liners. In a medium bowl combine the four, baking soda and salt and set aside.  In a large bowl, stir the cooled melted butter and sugars with a wooden spoon until creamy.  Add the eggs and vanilla beating until smooth.  Stir in the flour mixture just until incorporated.  Stir in the chocolate morsels and nuts (if using).  Place the cookie dough in the refrigerator for 10 minutes (or up to 6 hours) to let the dough firm up.  Drop by heaping tablespoons onto lined cookie sheets, leaving about 3 inches between cookies. I used my small ice cream scoop.  Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes or until golden around the edges but still soft on top.  Cool on baking sheets 5 minutes then transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely or enjoy warm.  This recipe made 60 cookies.  You can also freeze these, just scoop them onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper and set in freezer for a couple of hours.  When frozen put in plastic bag and write on the outside what they are with the cooking temperature and time.  That way you could have cookies whenever you like.  I froze 16 of these so when my friends come next time I don't have to worry about dessert.

I must admit I didn't put them in the refrigerator.  I think I was at a point that I wanted to be done because I had just made a batch of  Mexican Orange Sugar Cookies and messed that recipe up too. I added the cinnamon to the flour mixture instead of saving it for the sugar topping.  Oh well, we all have those times I think. They both came out good but it just makes me so irritated when I do things like that.
Thanks for stopping by, have a wonderful day and Remember to Find the time to Do ALL the things YOU Love.
Donna

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...