Search This Blog

Friday, September 28, 2012

Italian Herb and Basil Bread



The main part of the bread recipe is from my Italian Bread and I just changed it up a bit my adding spices before I rolled them to rise.  Simple, quick and delicious with your favorite Pasta Dish.  These breads were were served with the braised beef and pasta dish in the previous post.
The bread on the right is my normal Italian Bread recipe, the one in the middle has 2 TBL of Italian herb and garlic spices added to the dough and on top, the one on the left has chopped basil and cheese mixed in the dough.   All started with this recipe, so you see your possibilities for this dough are endless and just up to your imagination. 
Ingredients:
2 Pkgs rapid rise or instant yeast
1 3/4 cup warm water 115-125
2 TBL sugar
2 1/2 tsp salt
4 1/4 - 4 3/4 cups flour *I used 2 cups bread flour 2 1/2 cups ap flour*
2 TBL vegetable oil
In the large bowl of mixer, place yeast, sugar, salt and two cups of flour. (I used 1 cup AP flour 1 cup bread flour) Mix to blend and add the 130 degree F water and oil. Mix on medium speed with regular beater for 3 minutes. Insert dough hook and beat for another 6:30 minutes, adding flour as needed to keep dough from being sticky.
Place dough on a floured board, cover with a cloth, and let rest for 10 minutes. Punch down dough and form into two long narrow loaves. Place loaves on a greased pan or parchment lined, cover and let rise in a warm place for 30-45 minutes.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Before placing loaves in oven, brush tops with egg whites and sprinkle sesame seeds on top . Cut three to five slashes in the top with a serrated knife. Place loaves in oven and bake for approximately 25 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
This recipe has become my go to when I want fresh baked bread and rolls.  I need to try this recipe in a loaf pan.  When I do I will share how it came out.
Thanks for taking time from you busy day to stop by.  Have a wonderful day and Remember to Find the Time to Do ALL the things YOU love.
Donna

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...