Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Pineapple Mango Salsa

 

I've been wanting to try this for a while now.  I actually made this in June but had all my posts done til now.   I made this to go with the Crusted Tilapia.  You can still get really nice pineapple and mango this time of year.  Pineapple tip, Do you know how to check for ripe Pineapple?  Try pulling on one of the inner most leave and if it pulls out oh so easy you have a good one.  Can't remember where I learned that but it sure helps when trying to find fresh pineapple.

Ingredients:
1 cup fresh pineapple, diced (you could use canned)
1 cup chopped mango (be sure to peel it)
1/2 cup sweet red pepper, chopped
1 plum tomato, diced
2 green onion or `1/2 red onion, diced
2 TBL lime juice
1 TBL lemon juice
pinch of salt
**optional**...1 - jalapeno pepper, finely diced**

Combine all ingredients and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.  Serve over fish, chicken or use with chips.

Today I'm headed for the State Fair.  I've lived in KS for over 20 years and this will be my first visit.  It is the 100 year celebration.  Just hope it's not jammed packed with people.  My sister in law is coming too.  Should be a nice break for us. 
Thanks for stopping by, have a great rest of the week and Remember to Find the Time to do ALL the things you love.
Donna

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...