Search This Blog

Monday, December 24, 2012

Orange Oreo Muffins



I have a friend that gets me fresh eggs and as payment I make him bread, muffins and sweets.  He loves anything orange so thought I would try a new twist on an orange muffin.  These are so yummy and moist...believe me a must try.  They go together very quickly too.
Printable

Preheat oven to 400 makes 7 large or 12 regular muffins

1 orange (peel and all) pureed
1/2 cup soft butter (1 stick)
3/4 cut white sugar
1 egg
1 3/4 AP flour (can be make with 1 cup AP and 3/4 whole wheat)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
6 oreo cookies crushed fairly fine
1/2 cup orange juice


In a blender put cut up orange and a bit of water, puree.  Set aside.  In a large bowl with hand mixer cream the sugar and butter til light and fluffy.  Add the egg beat again.  Add orange juice, mix until combined.   In another bowl (or I use wax paper, so I don't dirty another bowl  :)  )  Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.  Add this to the wet ingredients, mix until all combined.  Add the oreo's and mix until combined.  Put into lined muffin tins and bake at 400 degree for 20-25 minutes.  Done when tester inserted comes out clean.  Cool on wire rack.  Enjoy.


I am going to add these to my Christmas goodie list and will make them in mini muffin tins, they will be a great addition this year.
Thanks for taking time to stop by, please leave a comment if you so desire I would love to hear from those that stop by.  Have a wonderful day and Remember to Find the Time to Do All the Things You Love.
Donna

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...