These were a Monday work treat, I must say they came out looking Awesome. They were a big hit at work too. Hope you'll give them a try. See the cream cheese trying to ooze out the top?
adapted from here
For Carrot Cake Muffins:
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup water
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup grated carrots (about 2-3 medium carrots)
For cream cheese filling:
- 10 ounce cream cheese-softened
- ¼ cup+1 Tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
For Streusel Topping:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 1 /2 cup unsalted butter-melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For the Glaze:
- 1 Teaspoon milk
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400°F, line standard cupcake pan with paper liners and set aside.
- To make streusel topping in a medium bowl stir together 1 cup all-purpose flour, ⅔ cup granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and ¼ teaspoon salt, add 1 /2 cup melted unsalted butter melted and stir it with a fork until crumbly, set aside.
- To make the filling beat the cream cheese, vanilla and sugar until smooth, set aside.
- To make the muffins, in a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients listed for the muffins.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, water and oil.
- Stir the egg mixture into dry ingredients, then fold in grated carrots and stir well to combine..
- Drop about 1 ½-2 Tablespoons of the batter into each cup and spread to cover the bottom, then place 1 heaping tablespoon of filling, cover with carrot batter to fill the cups ¾ full, then top with streusel topping and bake about 20 minutes, until the toothpick inserted in the cake (not cream cheese filling) comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the oven, let them cool for 10 minutes in the pan then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- To make the glaze, stir well 1 tablespoon milk with ¼ cup powdered sugar and drizzle over the muffins before serving.
- These made 14 muffins.
Thanks for taking the time to stop by, have a wonderful week and Always Remember to Find the Time to Do All the things Y♥u L♥ve.