Search This Blog

Friday, July 16, 2010

Blueberry Bread

This time of year there are so many wonderful fruits in season.  Normally I make blueberry muffins but really wanted something different this time.  This bread came out very tasty and moist.  I cooked the blueberries (which I don't do for muffins).   When the ingredients were ready to put in the pan it sure looked funny.  Almost like dirty wet dark clay.  The end result was really good so guess the beginning color you can live with.

I made one loaf and 10 mini bites.  The little ones really look like mini loaves.  And that's about what you get with them maybe 3 bites if you don't bite too much.  Guess these would be wonderful for the dieter.  Definitely portion control.  So there you have yet another yummy dessert.
Printable recipe   
Blueberry's
1 1/2 - 2 cups blueberries
1 tsp. cinnamom
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
2 TBL spoon sugar
3 TBL red wine
cook until sauce reduces on very low heat.  I cooked mine about 20 minutes.  Let cool to luke warm
The batter is the same I use sometimes for my banana bread with nuts added.  The batter is a Betty Crocker recipe.
Bake at 350 for about an hour if using 8 inch loaf pans, if you use 9x5x3 you'll need to cook about 1 1/4 hr.  Test with pick when it comes out clean it's done.
Batter
1 1/4 cp sugar
1/2 cp stick butter
2 large eggs
1 1/2- 2 cps blueberries
1/2 cp milk (I used 2%)
1 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 cps flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp. baking soda 

Thanks for stopping by.   The weekend is upon us once again.  Have a wonderful days (s) and I'll be back with a yeast bread next time.  Remember to Find the Time to do the Things You Love.
Donna





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...