Search This Blog

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Seasoned Croutons

Well this was something I did Monday when I was getting ready to make more bread.  I had some pieces of loaves left and thought, oh geesh I really don't want to toss these there has to be something I can do with them.  We eat a lot of salads so I thought, hmmmmmmmmmmm how about making some Croutons???  I first cut them into chunks, just like the ones you buy placed them on a foil lined baking sheet (easy clean up) then sprinkled them generously with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, next I sprinkled Garlic Salt, Italian Seasoning,  Onion Flakes and Pepper over the top.  I put them into a 425 oven for about 10 minutes then turned them and cooked for about another 10 minutes. The picture on the left is them cut up and on baking sheet, the small right one is them seasoned.

The house smelled like I was making pizza.















Let them cool, store in a plastic bag and use on your next great salad.  The Tomatoe in the photo above is from my garden, boy are they yummy this year.  I've had several blt's, nothing better than those especially if they are on the home made bread you've made.

Have a wonderful day and remember to Find the Time to do the Things you love.
Donna

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...